Hecla Mining Co. (NYSE:HL) retreated -2.56% and closed its last session at $6.08. The stock has the market capitalization of $2.4 Billion with the total outstanding shares of 395.28 Million. Hecla Mining Co.. has Analysts’ Mean Recommendation of 2.67 between the scale of 1 to 5 (1 represents Strong Buy and 5 means Sell). The stock currently has P/E of 0 for trailing twelve months while its Forward P/E is 19.18.
Hecla Mining Co. (NYSE:HL) touched its 52-Week High of $7.64 on Nov 9, 2016 while it’s 52-Week Low of $1.45 on Jan 19, 2016. The company currently has Return on Assets of -0.6 percent, Return on Equity of -1% and Return on Investment of -4.9 percent. The stock currently showing Weekly Volatility of 4.81%% and Monthly Volatility of 6.50% Percent with Average True Range of 0.38 and Beta of 0.43.
The 10 analysts offering 12-month price forecasts for Hecla Mining Co have a median target of 6.50, with a high estimate of 9.00 and a low estimate of 5.05. The median estimate represents a +6.91% increase from the last price of 6.08.
The Company on 8 November declared third quarter financial and operating results.
THIRD QUARTER HIGHLIGHTS AND SIGNIFICANT ITEMS (compared to Q3 2015)
- Net income applicable to common shareholders of $25.7 million, or $0.07 per share.
- Sales of $179.4 million, up 71%, a record.
- Adjusted EBITDA of $75.2 million, up 323%.1
- Cash provided by operating activities of $87.0 million, up 225%. Includes $16 million of insurance proceeds for the Troy Mine reclamation.
- Free cash flow of $27.7 million, up $38 million.2
- Total silver production of 4.3 million ounces, up 67%.
- Gold production of 52,126 ounces, up 19%.
- Silver equivalent production of 10.3 million ounces, up 17%.3
- Last 12 months net loss of $13.7 million and adjusted EBITDA of $234 million.1
- Net debt/adjusted EBITDA (last 12 months) of 1.4x, a 49% decline.1,4
- Cash and cash equivalents and short-term investments of $192.4 million at September 30, 2016, up $33 million over the second quarter.
- Completed the acquisition of the Montanore project, located near the Rock Creek project.
- Reduced estimate for 2016 cash cost, after by-product credits, per silver ounce to $4.00 and increased estimate for 2016 cash cost, after by-product credits, per gold ounce to $750.
The average realized silver price in the third quarter was $19.53 per ounce, 34% higher than the $14.54 price realized in the third quarter of 2015. The average realized gold price in the third quarter was $1,341 per ounce, 20% higher than the prior year period. Realized lead and zinc prices also increased by 10%, and 22%, respectively, from the third quarter of 2015.
Base Metals Forward Sales Contracts
There is no quantity of base metals committed under financially settled forward sales contracts for forecasted future sales at September 30, 2016.
Hecla Mining Company is a leading low-cost U.S. silver producer with operating mines in Alaska and Idaho, and is a growing gold producer with an operating mine in Quebec, Canada. The Company also has exploration and pre-development properties in five world-class silver and gold mining districts in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico, and an exploration office and investments in early-stage silver exploration projects in Canada.