Abbott Laboratories (NYSE:ABT) retreated -1.7% and closed its last session at $38.07. The stock has the market capitalization of $56.05 Billion with the total outstanding shares of 1.47 Billion. Abbott Laboratories. has Analysts’ Mean Recommendation of 1.6 between the scale of 1 to 5 (1 represents Strong Buy and 5 means Sell). The stock currently has P/E of 57.25 for trailing twelve months while its Forward P/E is 15.7.
Abbott Laboratories (NYSE:ABT) touched its 52-Week High of $46.22 on Dec 17, 2015 while it’s 52-Week Low of $36 on Jan 28, 2016. The company currently has Return on Assets of 3.4 percent, Return on Equity of 6.6% and Return on Investment of 7.7 percent. The stock currently showing Weekly Volatility of 1.60%% and Monthly Volatility of 2.07% Percent with Average True Range of 0.76 and Beta of 1.35.
The 13 analysts offering 12-month price forecasts for Abbott Laboratories have a median target of 48.00, with a high estimate of 50.00 and a low estimate of 43.00. The median estimate represents a +26.08% increase from the last price of 38.07.
The Company on 30 November declared its i-STAT® Alinity™ System, an innovative, handheld blood testing platform, received CE Mark and is now for sale in Europe and other countries that recognize CE Mark. The portable device can perform and analyze the largest menu of blood tests on a single device, ranging from blood chemistries to cardiac markers, using only two to three drops of a person’s blood.1 Delivering results in two to 10 minutes, i-STAT Alinity equips healthcare professionals with the information they need to make fast and accurate medical decisions without ever leaving their patient’s side. Its advanced connectivity features allow testing to be conducted virtually anywhere.
more involved in decisions pertaining to their health. As more people access care, health systems, hospitals and other clinical care settings are challenged to keep pace and find resourceful, efficient and cost-effective ways to provide quality care.
To address these needs, Abbott developed i-STAT Alinity to be intelligent, intuitive and easy to use, empowering healthcare professionals to provide high-quality care for people across the globe. First-of-its kind, patented features include:
- Expansive testing menu capabilities to enable the most combinations of tests in a single cartridge and new types of tests in the future, including tests for brain injury, infectious disease and oncology
- Advanced quality control features designed with patient safety and regulatory compliance in the forefront
- Wireless or hard-wired connectivity so healthcare providers can manage diagnostic data and oversight with the broader healthcare system’s network
- Cloud connectivity that uses a standard web browser, making it easy for health systems to customize multiple i-STAT Alinity instruments and provide seamless transmission of quality control data
- A large, bright, color touchscreen with graphics-driven, on-screen guidance and advanced light and sound notifications that alert clinicians with critical information
- An ergonomic design with easy-grip handling that is balanced, comfortable and secure
- Durable materials designed to prevent damage from drops and harsh cleaning substances commonly used in clinical settings
Abbott is a global healthcare company devoted to improving life through the development of products and technologies that span the breadth of healthcare. They have a portfolio of leading, science-based offerings in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic pharmaceuticals.